N. I. Jacobs & Associates
Neil I. Jacobs
Neil has been representing startups, SMEs, family-owned businesses and smaller public companies for over 30 years. His focus is on corporate structuring, finance, operation and governance issues, strategic alliances and joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions. He has been quoted in the New York Times, Crain's New York Business and major business newspapers in Norway (Finansavisen) and Israel (Calcalist) among others, and has appeared on Israeli national radio and local television in New York.
Neil works in current developments in e-commerce law, privacy, content protection and related matters at the meeting point of law and technology. His securities law background, having participated in numerous private placements, PIPEs and public offerings, gives entrepreneurs a one-stop-shop for their legal needs from startup through capital raise to exit. He has long been active in cross-border transactions, and has done deals in some 25 countries on 5 continents.
Neil has also served as adjunct professor of both entrepreneurship and international business at the University of Bridgeport, was managing editor for five years of a Luxembourg-based e-zine on developments in Internet, data privacy and intellectual property law, has had numerous media and academic panel appearances, sat on the board of and is affiliated with several business incubators and accelerators, and donates a significant part of his business time to NGOs and social enterprises with particular emphasis on economic empowerment, access to justice and market-based bottom of the pyramid solutions in developing countries. Neil also trained in negotiation at Harvard's Project on Negotiation. He is fluent in Portuguese, Spanish, Hebrew and French.
* BA, Binghamton University 1980 (summa cum laude)
* JD, Brooklyn Law School 1983
* MBA, Fundação Getúlio Vargas (Brazil), 2008
* Postgrad Certificate, University of Law (UK), International Legal Practice
* Mergers and Acquisitions Adviser - AM&AA
* Negotiation - Harvard Law School Project on Negotiation
* Global Business Leader - International Executive Resources Group
* Innovation - International Association of Innovation Professionals
* Online Media Legal Network (Harvard-Berkman Klein Center)
* Advocates for International Development (Lawyer Partner)
* Lean Startup Machine (Mentor)
* International Bar Association (Mentor, International Practice Mentorship Program)
* Center for International Legal Studies (Member - College of Fellows)
Admitted: New York, Connecticut
AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell